Category: Community

Historic Achievements – President Obama

Rachel Maddow enumerates President Obama’s achievements.

Can we change the republican House? If we do, similar progress could take place.

Share via social networks.

Natural Capitalism

In 2009 we started an effort to move the local economy forward inspired by RMI’s ‘Natural Capitalism’. Could we do it? Together, we are. To get materially involved, Join the Islanders Club. The Islanders Club is a not for profit…

OrcasIslandTV Endorses President Obama

This is the last thing I’m writing about the election. I agree with the Salt Lake Tribute, President Obama should be re-elected. He has is a *seasoned* Commander and Chief to our military. I trust he’ll make the right decisions…

San Juan Islands Social Networks Grow

have a home at sjibst.com . In 2009 Facebook launched a new approach – everyone could join and there were no network requirements. Over the past 4 years, San Juan Islands Social Networks have grown rapidly, driven by San Juan…

Campy Action, Knockout Spokesperson

Apple knocks it out of the park on a regular basis. The iPhone 5 is no exception. With more power than a 2007 desktop computer and faster broadband potential than most Islanders home connections, its the stellar hand-held, pocket computer…

San Juan Islands Buy, Sell, Trade invites Businesses

San Juan Islands Buy, Sell, Trade has become the community bulletin board, message exchange, lost pet and general interconnect among islanders in San Juan County. At recent count, over 7,000 postings remain in that membership group. Each member of the…

Speakers Corner Eastsound WA

Op-ed. It wouldn’t be Orcas Island without a place for locals to speak their minds in public. The first of its kind in the Islands, Speaker’s Corner across the street from Wildlife Cycles, was donated by Heinz at Enxzo’s. Heinz…

Understanding the Elections

The science of public relations includes a deep understanding of how people make decisions. Parts of the brain are involved in voting. We can be smarter. We should be smarter about self-governance. Can we use our will to overcome the…

Apple New iPhone 5 Announced – Key Features

iPhone 5 was announced on September 12th, 2012. This new iPhone is slightly larger, allowing a complete new line of icons. But that isn’t the feature that knocks me out. Apple has made a product that has twice the performance,…

Richard Bach’s Condition Improving

Richard Bach, Orcas Island resident and author of the 1970s bestseller “Jonathan Livingston Seagull,” was injured when his small plane struck power lines during approach to landing on San Juan Island. He is reported to be improving and will be…